Monday, February 5, 2018

New Day in Feb

February arrived with both of us sick. No birthday party for DH on Groundhog day. We didn't want to get the kids sick. At first he was fine with this, but next day he was a bit blue. We will celebrate this Friday instead. 

I have been slowly organizing and folding my fabrics. I have found so many that I had forgotten and stop to pet them. I have also been folding fat quarter size pieces as well.   I have folded 10 sweater size tubs of fabric and ended up with a tub of fat quarters and 2 tubs of scraps. The bad news is I now have more scraps for the scrap bins. I still have 20 more tubs to go through. Not in a hurry but will start with RSC color for February of purple. I already have some scraps and I may as well add to these. Now to think of a block I want to do.


I couldn't get motivated to sew because I was stuck on an art challenge piece. I have changed my mind about 2 dozen times. This fabric just put the brakes on my creativity. I finally talk with a friend and she gave me permission to can it. Its put away and if I get inspired I will revisit it. 

To get back to sewing, I decided to do some mindless sewing. There was a small shoes box with 2 inch 4 patches in it. I sewed those together and it made me feel better.  I don't know what I will do with them but that is okay with me for now.

Happy Quilting

Aileen in FL

Stash Report  1/28 -2/3  Week 5 - 2018
Fabric used this week: 0 yard
Fabric used to Date:     7 yard
Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 7 yards

Net used for 2018: 7 yard

350 Block Challenge 2018
Blocks made 3
YTD made 3



15 Minute Challenge:  

1/28- 2/3         5 of 7 days
2018 Total          24 of 34 days
Percentage of days sewn 70%

UFO finished for January - 0      :>[

3 comments:

  1. Your fabric shelves look great. Wish mine were that organized. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelves look lovely and wow, what cute patchwork! I am making doll quilts for charity and your pieces looked perfect for something similar. Read about a great cause here:
    https://needleandfoot.com/2018/02/01/spread-the-love-quilting-for-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding time to stitch most days last week. I think we have the same fabric shelves, but your's look a lot neater than mine!

    ReplyDelete