Sunday, January 21, 2018

Trash and Treasures

After looking at my stash closet for weeks and dreaming of organizing it, I took the plunge. First you have to trash the place before you can get organized and find the lost treasures!

I am being ruthless. If I am NEVER going to use it, I will donate it or turn it into a charity quilt. There are some fabrics in there that I did not buy but have had for decades. Time to use or toss it, etc.


All the stuff on the sofa (bottom right) was on the upper shelf of the closet. The closet is only 8 feet long. How did I manage to get that much stuff up there. My husband helped me get it down.....he was not amused! Ha Ha.


This is where I am heading. I will let you know when I arrive!


Those 4 little piles are the equivalent of 6 sweater tubs of fabric yardage. I am using my 6 x 13 inch ruler to wrap the fabric.

There is at least a half sweater tub of fat quarters already. Saving those for another day.


I did make another wallet the other night, unfortunately i put the magnetic snap on the wrong side of the flap. Geez, I thought I was so clever working on it after midnight!

Stash Report  1/14 -1/20  Week 3 - 2018

Fabric used this week: 1 yard
Fabric used to Date:     6 yard

Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 6 yards

Net Fabric used for 2018: 6 yard



15 Minute Challenge:  
1/14 - 1/20         5of 7 days
2018 Total          12 of 20 days
Percentage of days sewn 60%

I am getting better at sewing more often. I am hopeful that once I know what I have I shop my stash and sew daily.

Happy Hunting

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment