Thursday, October 20, 2016

October Sewing

Now its time to make something.  Fixed a few shorts for DH.

 My SIL ripped his quilt. He was very distraught. So I patched it with the same red fabric. My helper is Sebastian. He is 15 months and loves to watch grandma sew on the sewing machine.





Finally sewed my spools together. I really got tired of seeing them. They were made while I was recovering from neck and shoulder surgeries. It was my sewing therapy and have been working on them for 3 years. I decided to make a lap quilt instead of the full quilt. Have enough blocks left over for a baby blanket or something else.
Trying to use up the scraps when they happen. I watched a series of scrap mini videos and was inspired. Now I just have to do it!


Last week I put together my Halloween swap blocks from 2003. I am determined to sew up my UFO's. They have sat around long enough.



Today is the Guild meeting. Can't wait to see what the ladies have sewn.

Have a wonderful and creative October

Aileen in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment